About Alpha Chi Sigma
Alpha Chi Sigma is a unique professional and social fraternity for men and women in the chemical sciences. The fraternal objects are:
- To bind its members with a tie of true and lasting friendship.
- To strive for the advancement of chemistry, both as a science and as a profession.
- To aid its members by every honorable means in the attainment of their ambitions as chemists throughout their mortal lives.
What We Do
Being a unique professional fraternity with close ties to the school of chemical sciences, we are able to host many professional activities. Some of these include:
- Hosting the annual Krug Lecture
- Arranging faculty chats and luncheons
- Teaching boy-scouts Chemistry to attain their Chemistry Merit Badge
- Performing chemistry demo shows for local youth
In addition to the many professional events, members share the benefit of attending the many social events. Past events have included:
- Intramural Sports
- Chapter Dinners
Why should I join?
There is no other fraternity quite like Alpha Chi Sigma. Ask any one of our active members and they will probably say that joining AXE was one of the best decisions they've made in university. Many people join for the benefit their resume receives from our many professional events that we hold, while others do it for the social interaction with collegues in their field of study. The fraternal bonds that you make by joining are sure to last a lifetime.
The Zeta Chapter of Alpha Chi Sigma is located at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. We were founded on May 27, 1908, and have initiated more than 2750 men and women. Our educational backgrounds are primarily rooted in the chemical sciences, but we are also open to other majors.