- Dr. Martha Gillette and Dr. Kong have been awarded $3 million from NSF to lead a new interdisciplinary graduate training program to help form new insight on the brain. News. (July 2017)
- Dr. Kong is elected to the AIMBE fellow! (Feb. 2017)
- Dr. Kong joined the editorial board of Biofabrication journal. (Jan. 2017)
- Eunkyung (Clare) Ko was chosen as a trainee of the Tissue Microenvironment Training Program (TiMe) funded by NIH T32 grant. (Aug. 2016)
- Prof. Kong joined the international editorial board of Biomaterials. (July 2016)
- Professor Kong receives the Distinguished Promotion Award! (2016)
- Congratulations Dr. Nicholas Clay for his successful defence! (June 2016)
- Min and Jooyeon's paper titled "Rupture force of cell adhesion ligand thethers modulates biological activities of a cell-laden hydrogel" has been highlighted in ChemComm. (2016)
- Prof. Kong received the 2016 College of Engineering Dean's Award for Excellence in Research.
- Smith, C., Lee, J, Seo, Y., Clay, N., Park, J., Shkumatov, A., Ernenwein, D., Lai, M-H., Misra, S., Sing, C., Andrade, B., Zimmerman, S., & Kong, H. J. Worm-like superparamagnetic nanoparticle clusters for enhanced adhesion and magnetic resonance relaxivity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. (In press, 2017).
- %Lee, M.,%Park, J., Wang, X., Roein-Peikar M., Ko, E., Qin, E., Lee, J., Ha, TJ*., Kong, H.J.* Rupture force of cell adhesion ligand tethers modulates biological activities of a cell-laden hydrogel. Chemical Communication 4, 6803-6811 (2016). (% equal contribution, * Co-corresponding authors).
- Schmidt, J; Lee, M.K.; Ko, E.; Jeong, J.H.; DiPietro, L.; Kong, H. Alginate Sulfates Mitigates Binding Kinetics of Proangiogenic Growth Factors with Receptors towards Revascularization. Molecular Pharmacuetics (In press, 2016).