Group Mission Statement
We pursue research in soft materials, biological imaging, and nanoscale systems using new methods in molecular engineering. Our research often relies on single molecule observations of polymers and proteins, and we aim to discover new physical and biological phenomena at the molecular level. Learn more.
– Charles Schroeder has been named a Beckman Fellow in the Center for Advanced Study for 2014-15 at the University of Illinois. Congrats to Charles! Read more.
– Charles Schroeder has received a 2013 NSF CAREER Award for his work entitled "Molecular Rheology of Architecturally Complex Polymers”. Congratulations to Charles! Read more.
– Charles Schroeder has received the 2013 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research from the College of Engineering! Congrats to Charles! Read more.
– Charles Schroeder has been named as the recipient of a Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award for 2013. Congrats to Charles! Read more.
- Folarin presented his research in a Center for Molecular Engineering & Thermodynamics (CMET) Seminar at the University of Delaware on January 23. His talk was titled "Fluctuation Theorems for Molecular Rheology". Congrats to Folarin!
– Arnab was one of five students on the University of Illinois Campus selected to attend the Global Young Scientist Summit in Singapore. Congrats to Arnab! Read more.
– Chris successfully completed his final defense, titled "Single Molecule Studies of Flexible Polymer Systems." His future plans include a Research Engineering position at Intel Corporation in Portland, Oregon. Congratulations to Chris!
– Folarin and Danielle took the 1st and 2nd Place Awards in the AIChE Area 1J Poster Session (Engineering Sciences & Fundamentals: Fluid Mechanics). Congrats to Folarin and Danielle! Read more.
Our recent manuscript entitled "Nonequilibrium Work Relations for Polymer Dynamics in Dilute Solutions" has been published in Macromolecules. Congrats to Folarin!
Our recent review entitled "Zooming In on Biological Processes with Fluorescence Nanoscopy" has been published in Current Opinion on Biotechnology and featured on the cover! Congrats to Utsav and Dan!