Group Mission Statement
We pursue research in soft materials, biological imaging, and nanoscale systems using new methods in molecular engineering. Our research often relies on single molecule observations of polymers and proteins, and we aim to discover new physical and biological phenomena at the molecular level. Learn more.
– Our recent letter is featured on the cover of the April 2015 issue of ACS Macro Letters!
– Amanda successfully completed her final defense, titled "Synthesis and Supramolecular Assembly of Biomimetic Materials." Her future plans include a postdoctoral research position with Matt Tirrell at the Institute for Molecular Engineering and the University of Chicago. Congratulations to Amanda!
– Charles has been named the “Dr. Ray and Beverly Mentzer Faculty Scholar”. This Faculty Scholar position has been established through a gift from ChBE alumni Dr. Ray Mentzer and his wife Beverly. Congrats to Charles! Read more.
– Amanda won the 1st place poster prize in the 2015 APS March Meeting Poster Session for Polymer Physics, Soft Condensed Matter, and Biological Physics. Her poster was entitled "Template-directed Synthesis of Structurally Defined Branched Polymer Architectures". Congratulations, Amanda! Read more.
– Luke has been awarded an Eastman Travel Award from the Department of Chemistry for his recent presentation at the 2015 Biophysical Society Meeting. Congratulations to Luke!
– Dan has been awarded a Widiger Graduate Fellowship from the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering for Summer 2015 for "research relating to health or materials science within the chemical engineering discipline”. Congrats to Dan!
– Dan successfully passed his Preliminary Exam. Congrats to Dan!
– Our recent manuscript entitled "Topology-Controlled Relaxation Dynamics of Single Comb Polymers" has been published in ACS Macro Letters. Congrats to Danielle and Amanda!
– Our recent manuscript entitled "Template-Directed Synthesis of Structurally Defined Branched Polymers" has been published in Macromolecules. Congrats to Amanda and Danielle!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Nonequilibrium thermodynamics of dilute polymer solutions in flow" has been published in the Journal of Chemical Physics. Congrats to Folarin and Kaiwen!