Group Mission Statement
We pursue research in soft materials, biological imaging, and nanoscale systems using new methods in molecular engineering. Our research often relies on single molecule observations of polymers and proteins, and we aim to discover new physical and biological phenomena at the molecular level. Learn more.
– Charles has been named the “Dr. Ray and Beverly Mentzer Faculty Scholar”. This Faculty Scholar position has been established through a gift from ChBE alumni Dr. Ray Mentzer and his wife Beverly. Congrats to Charles!
– Luke has been awarded an Eastman Travel Award from the Department of Chemistry for his recent presentation at the 2015 Biophysical Society Meeting. Congratulations to Luke!
– Dan has been awarded a Widiger Graduate Fellowship from the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering for Summer 2015 for "research relating to health or materials science within the chemical engineering discipline”. Congrats to Dan!
– Dan successfully passed his Preliminary Exam. Congrats to Dan!
– Amanda's poster titled "Synthesis of Biomimetic Branched Polymer Architectures" received a best poster nomination at the Materials Research Society Fall Meeting in Boston! Congrats to Amanda! You can watch a brief presentation of her work here.
– Our recent manuscript entitled "Template-Directed Synthesis of Structurally Defined Branched Polymers" has been published in Macromolecules. Congrats to Amanda and Danielle!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Nonequilibrium thermodynamics of dilute polymer solutions in flow" has been published in the Journal of Chemical Physics. Congrats to Folarin and Kaiwen!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Characterizing the performance of the hydrodynamic trap using a control-based approach" has been published in Microfluidics and Nanofluidics. Congrats to Anish!