Group Mission Statement
We pursue study the dynamics of soft materials and biological systems using single molecule techniques. Recent work has focused on extending the field of single polymer dynamics to new materials, developing new methods to trap and manipulate single molecules and particles, and improving understanding of gene editing mechanisms. Learn more.
– Dr. Kejia Chen has joined the group after finishing her Ph.D. with Professor Steve Granick in Materials Science and Engineering. Welcome Kejia!
– Dr. Bo Li has joined the group after finishing his Ph.D. with Professor Zhiqun Lin at Georgia Tech. Welcome Bo!
– Utsav successfully completed his final defense, titled "Probing Surface Protein Patterning in Biological Systems using Fluorescence Nanoscopy." His future plans include a Research Engineering position at Intel Corporation in Portland, Oregon. Congratulations to Utsav!
– Luke has been awarded the FMC Technologies Graduate Fellowship for 2015-2016. The award was given for his project entitled "Genome engineering technology for treating human disease: A single molecule study”. Congrats to Luke!
– Our recent letter is featured on the cover of the April 2015 issue of ACS Macro Letters!
– Amanda successfully completed her final defense, titled "Synthesis and Supramolecular Assembly of Biomimetic Materials." Her future plans include a postdoctoral research position with Matt Tirrell at the Institute for Molecular Engineering and the University of Chicago. Congratulations to Amanda!
– Charles has been named the “Dr. Ray and Beverly Mentzer Faculty Scholar”. This Faculty Scholar position has been established through a gift from ChBE alumni Dr. Ray Mentzer and his wife Beverly. Congrats to Charles! Read more.
Our recent manuscript entitled "Direct Observation of TALE Protein Dynamics Reveals a Two-State Search Mechanism" has been published in Nature Communications. Congrats to Luke!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Topology-Controlled Relaxation Dynamics of Single Comb Polymers" has been published in ACS Macro Letters. Congrats to Danielle and Amanda!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Template-Directed Synthesis of Structurally Defined Branched Polymers" has been published in Macromolecules. Congrats to Amanda and Danielle!