Group Mission Statement
We pursue research in soft materials, biological imaging, and nanoscale systems using new methods in molecular engineering. Our research often relies on single molecule observations of polymers and proteins, and we aim to discover new physical and biological phenomena at the molecular level. Learn more.
– Charles has received a 2013 NSF CAREER Award for his work entitled "Molecular Rheology of Architecturally Complex Polymers”. Congratulations to Charles!
– Charles Schroeder has been awarded a 2011 Packard Fellowship
in Science and Engineering.
– Arnab Mukherjee won the Best poster award, known as the Biotechnology Journal Award, and the 4th International Conference on Biomolecular Engineering, Fort Lauderdale, FL for his poster entitled "Development of Flavin-based Fluorescent Proteins for Biological Imaging". Congrats to Arnab!
– Arnab Mukherjee won 2nd place for his poster entitled "Understanding and Improving Flavin-Based Fluorescent Proteins for Biological Imaging" for the Catherine Connor Outstanding Dissertation in Biotechnology Award at the University of Illinois. Congrats to Arnab! Click here for more details on the award.
– Folarin has recieved a Hanratty Travel Award to present his work at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Rheology. Congrats to Folarin!
– Our recent manuscript entitled "Dendrimer Probes for Enhanced Photostability and Localization in Fluorescence Imaging" has been accepted to Biophysical Journal.