Group Mission Statement
We pursue research in soft materials, biological imaging, and nanoscale systems using new methods in molecular engineering. Our research often relies on single molecule observations of polymers and proteins, and we aim to discover new physical and biological phenomena at the molecular level. Learn more.
– Charles recently returned from giving an invited lecture at the Polymer Physics GRC in Massachusetts and a Keynote Lecture at the 2014 PACRIM Rheology Meeting in Melbourne, Australia. Welcome back, Charles!
– Professor Schroeder has received an Engineering Council Award for Excellence in Advising. Congrats to Charles!
– Charles Schroeder has been named a Beckman Fellow in the Center for Advanced Study for 2014-15 at the University of Illinois. Congrats to Charles! Read more.
– Luke and Danielle successfully passed their Preliminary Exams. Congrats to Luke and Danielle!
– Yuecheng (Peter) Zhou from the Materials Science & Engineering Department has joined the Schroeder group! Welcome Peter!
– Kaiwen has been awarded a fellowship from the Dow Chemical Company for 2014-15. Congrats to Kaiwen!
– Luke has been awarded a Robert Carr Fellowship from the Department of Chemistry for 2014-15! Congrats to Luke!
– Anish has been awarded the FMC Fellowship for graduate study during 2014-2015. Congrats to Anish!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Characterizing the performance of the hydrodynamic trap using a control-based approach" has been published in Microfluidics and Nanofluidics. Congrats to Anish!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Flavin-based fluorescent proteins: emerging paradigms in biological imaging" has been published in Current Opinion in Biotechnology. Congrats to Arnab!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Engineering and Characterization of New LOV-based Fluorescent Proteins from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and Vaucheria frigida" has been published in ACS Synthetic Biology. Congrats to Arnab, Kevin, Utsav, and Josh!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Automated single cell microbioreactor for monitoring intracellular dynamics and cell growth in free solution" has been published in Lab on a Chip. Congrats to Eric, Utsav, and Melikhan!
Our recent manuscript entitled "Ultrafast Re-distribution of E. coli SSB Along Long Single-Stranded DNA via Intersegment Transfer" has been published in the Journal of Molecular Biology. Congrats to Amanda!