Group Mission Statement
We pursue research in soft materials, biological imaging, and nanoscale systems using new methods in molecular engineering. Our research often relies on single molecule observations of polymers and proteins, and we aim to discover new physical and biological phenomena at the molecular level. Learn more.
– Charles Schroeder has received a 2013 NSF CAREER Award for his work entitled "Molecular Rheology of Architecturally Complex Polymers”. Congratulations to Charles! Read more.
– Charles Schroeder has received the 2013 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research from the College of Engineering! Congrats to Charles! Read more.
– Charles Schroeder has been named as the recipient of a Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award for 2013. Congrats to Charles!
– Charles Schroeder has been awarded a 2011 Packard Fellowship
in Science and Engineering.
– Our recent manuscript entitled "Dendrimer Probes for Enhanced Photostability and Localization in Fluorescence Imaging" has been published and highlighted as "New and Notable" in Biophysical Journal. Read more.
– Danielle has been awarded a 2013 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. Congrats to Danielle! Read more.
– Folarin has been awarded a CSE Fellowship (Computational Science and Engineering) for 2013-2014. Congrats to Folarin!
– Arnab has been awarded a Dissertation Completion Fellowship from the Graduate College for 2013-2014. Congrats to Arnab!
– Amanda and Utsav have successfully passed their Preliminary Exam. Congrats to Amanda and Utsav!