SUBDIVISION OF ARCHAEOLOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY
This subdivision is interested in the chemical analysis of materials of historical and archaeological interest. It has approximately quinquennial symposium.
The books published based on these symposia are:
- Archaeological Chemistry, edited by Curt W. Beck, 1974. ACS Advances in Chemistry Series No. 138. ISBN 0-8412-0211-7.
- Archaeological Chemistry II, edited by Giles F. Carter, 1978. ACS Advances in Chemistry Series No. 171. ISBN 0-8412-0397-0.
- Archaeological Chemistry III, edited by Joseph B. Lambert, 1984. ACS Advance in Chemistry Series No. 205. ISBN 0-8412-0767-4.
- Archaeological Chemistry IV, edited by Ralph O. Allen, 1988. ACS Advances in Chemistry Series No. 220. ISBN 0-8412-1449-2.
- Archaeological Chemistry: Organic, Inorganic and Biochemical Analysis, edited by Mary Virginia Orna, 1996. ACS Symposium Series No. 625. ISBN 0-8412-3395-0
- Archaeological Chemistry: Materials, Methods and Meaning, edited by Kathryn A. Jakes, 2002. ACS Symposium Series No. 831. ISBN 0-8412-3810-3.
The books edited by Orna and Jakes are currently available from Oxford University Press-USA. The simplest way to find them is to search by author on the Oxford website. Please check the ACS Member Prices link, as discounts are offered on a variety of ACS Symposium volumes.
The other books are not available from the publisher. You will have to search on the secondary market, via websites such as bookfinder.com.